Friday, August 21, 2015

OUT WITH THE OLD...

 
I bought this China hutch a couple of years ago from a neighbor who was downsizing, with the intention of painting it black.  Well, that didn't happen, I just couldn't bring myself to go to that much work (besides I am the world's worst painter).  So here it sat, oversized and out of place, plus hubby HATED it but being the patient husband that he is he kept the grumbling to a minimum.
 
I really loved the amount of storage it had, lots of dishes, linens and decorations were stored in the bottom drawers and cupboards.
 
However, I never could bring myself to fall in love with it.  I am sure in its day it was a very sought after piece but let's face it, it had gone out with the previous century.
 
 
This is what my heart truly was yearning for.  A simple black beauty that is like Goldilocks in the baby bears bed,  it is JUST RIGHT!
 
Oh the fun I will have decorating it for each holiday and season.
 

3 comments:

Patricia said...

I think the new choice is much better. We recently downsized from an oak tv console very similar to your first piece, to a smaller dark tv console that accommodates a flat screen larger tv. Rick took the oak unit apart and saved the wood from it... I imagine we'll throw it away when we decide to move to the coast or elswhere when he retires.
I like the dark color and the impact your treasured pieces will have with such a contrast.

We've seen several cabinets just like our old cabinet languishing away at a consignment shop with no one buying them. Their just too bulky and heavy.
I hope the smoke from all the fires isn't bothering you. We're still in the smoke and have had a couple of clean fresh air days that were very much appreciated.
Take care, P.

Saimi said...

Oh Connie I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new hutch!!! At first I had to d a double take thinking you painted it. Wow, it's stunning especially with your lovely decor it really POPS! Very nice, very nice indeed!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Oh that is a darling hutch! I look forward to the great things you will put in it.

You are so creative.