Wednesday, May 6, 2015

WHAT'S YOUR OPINION ABOUT THE NEW GREY HAIR TREND?

Have you noticed the new Hollywood trend of young women having their hair dyed grey on purpose?
I, for one am not a big fan of most of the colors they are sporting these days.  For instance these young women in the first three photo's seem out of place.  Images of outstanding beauty with young flawless skin seem to be overshadowed by their hair color.
 
 
 
 
 
In this next photo we have a more mature woman who is beautiful in a more seasoned and experienced way and handles the softness of the grey hair much more confidently.
 
And of course we can't forget  how distinguished greying men can be.  Oh George, you wear it well.
 
 
Look at these lovely mature women, don't they exude confidence and class with a little bit of sass?
 
 
We have Jamie Lee Curtis to thank for giving older, uh hum, more mature women inspiration to be beautiful and graceful while going with what nature gave her.  She rocks that cut and color.
 
Is this woman gorgeous or what?  Look at that beautiful hair!  We should all be so lucky.

 
So I guess this brings me to my point.  I have decided to stop coloring my hair, which I have been coloring for decades, and see what nature has in store for me.  I will admit that about 10 years ago I let my hair go natural grey...I HATED IT!  Now that I am fifty-seven I think I will give it a go again.  Once it gets grown out I will do another post and show some before and after pictures.

4 comments:

Kim, USA said...

I am almost in my 50's and do not like gray hair more so putting it on my hair. So this trend is pass.... ^_^

Saimi said...

I agree I love seeing woman who can embrace their natural hair color. I still have my hair foiled and highlighted but when the time comes to let it go, I will do it with full conviction. Congratulations on embracing your natural color, I can't wait to see your beautiful results!

Lori said...

I can't wrap my head around a young woman doing it intentionally...but if it's what you've earned from years of living a great life...rock on sister!! I bet it will look great on you!!

Patricia said...

Good for you growing out to your natural color. I must say I think blondes have it easier when our hair starts to turn grey as it blends in and looks frosted. I've had people ask me if I did any thing to frost/streak my hair. No it's all natural and I'll be sixty... cough ... next month. I've never colored or permed my hair.
Rick's hair.. What's left of it HA!, is black turning grey. I'm looking forward to it being more grey as then the dark hair won't contrast with his balding head so much... just don't tell anyone I said that. Take care, and let it grow into that beautiful silver grey. P.S. Those photos of the younger grey hair women just look so odd to me. But an older women looks fabulous in grey. One of my Senior friends, was dying her hair a dark dark brown for well into her seventies. She finally started letting it grow out. The contrast was startling between the dark hair and her uncolored hair growing out. It took her several months and many haircuts to finally get all the dark hair trimmed off as it grew out. Now she has the most beautiful pure white hair and she looks fabulous.